> Add a Realm definition or wait until 7.0.24.  There's a bug in 7.0.23.

I am waiting for 7.0.24.

> I'm wincing as I ask: is there a particular reason that you're defining
> the Context in server.xml - it's been strongly recommended to not do
> that for quite a while.

Okay, I will byte.

Practical: This was my sandbox config file. I switch between 6 different applications. I do this by switching server.xml files when I switch projects. This keeps things minimal (not starting up 6 connection pools), its easier to switch one file, and it makes restarts faster.

Opinion: I hate over decomposition and I preferred the days when tomcat was only configured with server.xml. Tomcat's configuration is not that complicated, do we really need a bunch of configuration files. Its bad when one thing becomes two, and hence good when two things become one. I bet your also in the micro kernel camp. I know lots of people clamored for being able to configure the connection pool in there war file. I don't know why anyone would do this, our WAR file runs in any environment where the jndi name is present. They have to build separate WAR files for each environment. Basicly I think the context.xml is stupid. If it matters so much change the document definition.