On 09/12/2011 11:54, Alexander Diedler wrote:
> Hello
>
> We have three instances of Tomcat on a Windows Server and want to access
> on every instance several applications through the Manager app.
>
> In every /Catalina/[hostname]/manager.xml is
>
> <Context docBase="${catalina.home}/webapps/manager"
>
>          privileged="true" antiResourceLocking="false"
> antiJARLocking="false">
>
> </Context>
>
> Could it be a problem, that the catalina.home only can point to one
> location and this could occour some errors?

When any application is shared by multiple running Tomcats, you could
run into errors, yes.  I wouldn't like to guess what they'd be - but the
manager app is fairly simple so you might get away with it.

> What is the best practices?

Don't share the application!

Disk space is cheap, the application is small.  Just make a copy & put
it in the ${catalina.base}/webapps (or wherever the appBase is).

 Alex

--

[key:62590808]