________________________________
 From: Pid <p...@pidster.com>
To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2011 12:35:24 PM
Subject: Re: Change Default SSL port on Tomcat

On 16/12/2011 08:47, Blaxton wrote:

> ________________________________

Sorry, I read this on my phone I missed the first bit.

If you're using mod_jk/AJP then you do the SSL decoding before sending
traffic to Tomcat.

HTTPD:80  -->
                Tomcat:8009
HTTPD:443 -->

You should configure SSL on HTTPD instead.

[key:62590808]

Then how the default 8443 works fine with the same URL ?

following is set in vhost1_httpd.conf
JkMount /app1/* worker1

so , all URLs containing /app1/ should be forwarded to Tomcat to be processed
regardless of the port
and that what is happening when redirectport=8443 is set in AJP Connector
and accessing http://www.mydomain.com/app1/securelocation/ will be redirected to
https://mydomain.com:8443/app1/securelocation/

but as soon as the redirectport is changed in AJP Connector to 443 ,
it won't work.

unless we assume , port 8443 will be processed by Tomcat
but port 443 should be processed by Apache !!!!!!!!!