I'm having doubts that mod_jk is actually loading.  You say httpd.conf
contains this line:

LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.so

Unless you have a 'modules' directory under your ServerRoot that line
should probably be  /usr/local/lib/apache/mod_jk.so  or something
similar.

Try this command and see what it turns up:

        find /usr -name mod_jk.so

Use the full path in the LoadModule directive and force httpd to reload
its config.