On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 3:58 PM, Kiran Badi <ki...@poonam.org> wrote:

> How can I pull out name value here ?

You can't, unless you have a filter parsing the outbound generated
page, or use JavaScript on the client (neither of which I'd recommend).

> request.getparameter is giving me null here.

Of course, there's no parameter being set on that link.

> and other thing I can think of is

> and point the call towards books.jsp and then use request.getGetRequestURL()
> and then strip the last part of the URL and then use that as navigational
> info.

That was my point  :-)  though '/books' is nicer than 'books.jsp' IMO, but ...

> That would be be my first level, and then do similar thing for second
> level with check that at each level  that session id remains the same in all
> cases.

I don't understand that at all -- if you're using the session to keep
track of the breadcrumb path, it's "the same" by definition.

> Does my thoughts makes sense or do we have some better solutions with pure
> jsp/servlets/jstl with TC without using any plugin?

Again, what magic do you think is going to map some arbitrary text
to a URL used by your application? If you create a simple mapping
table, you can use JSTL to populate your pages (and breadcrumb
trail) appropriately.

For that matter if you use the 'books.jsp' => Books approach, you
can probably use JSTL to do that transform. Or create a custom tag
to handle it (possibly better).

HTH,
--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroe...@gmail.com