On 10/01/2012 15:51, ja...@mobilewebexpert.co.uk wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> Afraid I'm very new to Tomcat - please could you explain to me what
> changes I need to make to catalina.policy?

It's can be tricky and it's application specific.

You'll need to add specific policy rules that permit the application to
do whatever it needs to do.  E.g. access to network, file system, jars etc.

Is there a particular reason you want to enable the Security Manager?
Are you hosting untrusted 3rd party applications for example?