Kiran Badi wrote:
In fact i was trying to see if base url can be of any help here as I lot of links in my pages,but it seems it is giving me more work.

I think I should be good without base tag now.

+1
As Hassan says below, the <base href=..> tag is probably more trouble than it's worth. It goes against the normal interpretation of relative vs absolute URLs in the browser, and it makes it much harder if you later want to copy the application somewhere else (or have some graphic designer work on your pages).