On 11/01/2012 20:44, Justin Larose wrote:
> ma...@apache.org wrote on 01/11/2012 01:19:17 PM:
>
>> From: ma...@apache.org
>> To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
>> Date: 01/11/2012 01:20 PM
>> Subject: Re: Error: Unable to compile class for JSP

>>> displayed

>>> wildcard
>>>
>>> I did not import any classes.
>
>> You must have at least one import to resolve the class Part. Since
>> I'm pretty sure a class with that name was added in servlet 3,
>> wildcard imports are very likely the problem.
>
> I downgraded the Tomcat to Version 6.0.35 and looks to be working
> correctly now.
> Maybe Serena Dimensions cannot work with that higher version of Tomcat
> (version 7.0.23)?
>
> The only files I copied over from the 6.0 version to the 6.0.35 version
> were the "webapps" directory the web.xml file and the server.xml file.
> The only difference in the server.xml file between the 2 versions is this:
>
> <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener"
> />
>  <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener"
> SSLEngine="on" />

So what Mark & are both saying is this: in the JSP there is some code
which imports, via a wildcard, two packages that both contains a Part class.

We are not talking about importing things on the file system.  We are
talking about a specific Java command which is part of the code.  E.g.

If both of the packages below contain a class called "Part", then the
compiler can't tell which one you are trying to use.

 import com.examples.stuff.*
 import com.examples.other.*

You can use an editor to look in the the JSP file in question for the
word "import" somewhere near the top of the file and the '*' character.

If there is more than one '*', you can report the error to Serena
Dimensions or try to fix it yourself.

> - Thanks, Justin
> This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for
> the use of the individual or agency to whom they are addressed.
> If you have received this email in error please notify the Navy
> Exchange Service Command e-mail administrator. This footnote
> also confirms that this email message has been scanned for the
> presence of computer viruses.
>
> Thank You!

[key:62590808]