On 19/01/2012 08:18, Uttpal Kachhawa wrote:
> Hi
>
>    I understood the above sentence bt according to that error i had change
> the port number inside server.xml file and then again restart it then dont
> know wht  is prblm here.  actually i import existing prjct on my machine
> and then install apache tomcat mannually in eclipse then after it when i am
> trying to restart it its giving me prblm again................

Please reply below the question, not at the top of the email.
Top-posting makes the conversation really hard to follow.

If you are saying that you *have* changed the port and the problem still
persists, you might want to consider stopping Tomcat before you try to
start a new version with the same configuration.

If you have tried to stop Tomcat, and it is still running, you probably
have a bug in your application.

We can't help you unless you provide the following:

- Exact versions of OS, Java and Tomcat.
- Error messages from Tomcat log files
- Cut & paste server.xml into your reply AFTER removing all XML comments
and sensitive information like passwords & ip addresses
- A simple description of how we could reproduce the error