Thanks for your reply.

I don't suppose there's an alternative to the Manager app floating around that would allow this? I came across a commercial solution at some point (which I forgot to bookmark, apparently), but that's not really an option.

Multiple hosts probably won't solve this problem either. I'm using AJP, which doesn't seem to play well with vhosts.

I guess I'll either have to trust my users (actually, students), or cook up something filesystem-based. Pity, but oh well.

Tim