André Warnier wrote:
gnath wrote:
Hi all,

We have Tomcat 6.0.35 in our production Environment running on Linux, and we have configured to use tomcatThreadPool with maxThreads=500 and minSpareThreads=50 with default connectionTimeout(which is 60000 sec).

Which would be about 16 hours. I am not sure of the meaning of connectionTimeout in this context, but that value seems to me so large as to be pretty useless for any practical timeout I can imagine.

After checking the docs, that value is in milliseconds, not seconds :

connectionTimeout

The number of milliseconds this Connector will wait, after accepting a connection, for the request URI line to be presented. Use a value of -1 to indicate no (i.e. infinite) timeout. The default value is 60000 (i.e. 60 seconds) but note that the standard server.xml that ships with Tomcat sets this to 20000 (i.e. 20 seconds).

That sounds more reasonable.