On 25/01/2012 22:03, removeps-c...@yahoo.com wrote:
>> So, you're saying that the method value 'POST' is not
>> preserved after
>> successful authentication and appears to be converted to a
>> 'GET'?
>
> No, what I said is the my original request to
> https://mydomain/myapp/action.do is a POST request, and the web.xml says to
> send me the the login-config page and this request used to be POST in 7.0.22
> and is GET in 7.0.23.  After successful authentication the user must resubmit
> the original POST request because this does not happen automatically.

I don't understand, what does "and this request used to be POST" mean then?

The login form defines the method used to send the request, the browser
sends it, not Tomcat.

When Tomcat receives an unauthenticated request for a protected resource
it intercepts and saves that request, then forwards to the resource
defined in the login config.

If the login form action is successful, the previous request is restored
and executed.  So I asked if the request is not being restored properly...

So either you're telling us that there's a bug in Tomcat, or you're
telling us something else and I don't know what that is.

Can you reproduce the error using a clean & simple application config?