For once, it may be best to top-post.

Anyone feels like making a FAQ out of this thread ?
It looks like a generic-enough question and answer.

Lev A KARATUN wrote:
Charles,

I made the adjustments and it works now.

Thank you!

Best Regards, Karatun Lev,

"Caldarale, Charles R" <chuck.caldar...@unisys.com> wrote on 06.02.2012 18:41:18:

"Caldarale, Charles R" <chuck.caldar...@unisys.com> 06.02.2012 18:42

Please respond to
"Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>

Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>

cc

Subject

RE: How can I access tomcat's logs using my jsp?

From: Lev A KARATUN [mailto:lev.kara...@raiffeisen.ru] Subject: RE: How can I access tomcat's logs using my jsp? when I'm copypasting the default servlet block to $CATALINA_BASE/logs/WEB-INF/web.xml, the application
no longer works.
There's an additional step required for Tomcat 6 that's not necessary for Tomcat 7. So either upgrade, or do the following:

Change the name of the DefaultServlet in logs/WEB-INF/web.xml to logsdefault (or some other unique label):

        <servlet-name>logsdefault</servlet-name>

and add a <servlet-mapping> for it:

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>logsdefault</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

Tomcat 6 does not allow you to override the <servlet-name> settings in the global conf/web.xml, but Tomcat 7 does.

And one more question - if myapp's docBase is set to
$CATALINA_BASE/logs ,
does it matter what is in the webapps/myapp folder?
Assuming the "myapp" you're referring to is the one for accessing Tomcat's logs, you should not risk problems by also having a webapps/myapp. It shouldn't hurt, but...

And, as usual, ignore Martin G's irrelevant ramblings.

 - Chuck

This message and any attachment are confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient any use, distribution, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately either by telephone or by e-mail and delete this message and any attachment from your system. Correspondence via e-mail is for information purposes only. ZAO Raiffeisenbank neither makes nor accepts legally binding statements by e-mail unless otherwise agreed. -----------------------------------