2012/3/9 Doron Tsur <qbal...@gmail.com>:
> Hi Guys,
>
> A while back I've addressed you guys with the non paged pool issue. Most
> people advised upgrading the java/tomcat. We did just that and the issue is
> still happening. We are investigating a lot of directions of memory leaks
> in the environment with Microsoft. I wanted to address you guys, to see if
> you can give me a second feedback. The server isn't using direct memory or
> JNI for tomcat. I've been perusing a lot of directions here, yet still at a
> lost on why this is happening. Here is a recap of the information with the
> updates:
>
> I've been having an issue in one of our production servers. The Non Paged
> Pool creeps up slowly until the system hangs and than crash.
>
> Tomcat: 7  latest Java: 1.6.25 OS: Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2

Which version of 7.0.x, exactly?

> This is a production server that uses high bandwidth. Poking around
> Poolmon.exe I was able to find that
>
>   1. the AfdP tag is consuming a lot of NP (Non Paged) pool.
>   2. This is a tag concerning the windows socket driver (afd.sys).
>
> We have many production servers running our tomcat. We have only
> encountered this issue in two of them, those servers have the same
> OS/Java/Tomcat installed. One server uses high bandwidth and the other uses
> much less.
>
> I say tomcat because this is the process that consumes all NP pool (about
> 170MB).
>
>   1. Have you ever encountered this issue?
>   2. Do you know of any application level/Tomcat configuration work around
>   to solve this issue?
>   3. Do you think that there is something wrong in the way Tomcat
>   interfaces with winsock?

There can be different components that interact with networking.

1. There are 2 different connection protocols in Tomcat with 3
different implementations each (bio, apr, nio). Which one you are
using? See what is logged when Tomcat starts.

2. There are database drivers. What database drivers are you using?

>   4. Do you believe that Tomcat APR might resolve this issue?
>   5. I can't seem to download this hotfix to further investigate these
>   files, they might contain a suitable version. Do you know how can I get
>   them?
>
> When Tomcat is killed the Non Paged Pool doesn't return to the OS.

How do you observe it?

I think you run Tomcat as a service. I am not sure whether service can
be killed as well as a standalone program.

> Please share your wisdom and Tomcat greatness,

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko