> From: Dan Armbrust [mailto:daniel.armbrust.l...@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Hanging on startup?

> I see Sun/Oracle  was as helpful as ever on this one:
> http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6521844
> http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6202721

Can't comment in public...

> Anything that Tomcat could do to prevent itself from getting
> stuck like this?

Not sure if it's possible, but I suppose the bootstrap mechanism could check
for /dev/urandom in the system property and substitute /dev/./urandom.  Might
even be able to introduce a "double secret probation" config tag to make
/dev/./urandom the default unless otherwise specified.  Not sure if that would
help a lot of people, since they'd likely still have to go through the
debugging phase to figure out what was taking so long.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.