2012/3/22 Smith, Mitchell <mitchell.sm...@cwc.com>:
> Tomcat 5.5.35
> JAVA 5
>
> I am seeing:
>
>> [ERROR] org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost] -
>> Exception Processing ErrorPage[exceptionType=java.lang.Exception,
>> location=/base/errors/runtimeError.iface]
>> java.lang.IllegalStateException
>>         at org.apache.coyote.Response.reset(Response.java:297)
>

> I have looked in to this issue and found multiple comments relating to the
> maxPostSize Attribute in the connector.

Sounds dubious. I do not remember such relation.

> Can someone provide me with a simple explaination of the cause of this
> error, by default this value is 2mb, does this error indicate that
> somewhere a large data packet is being sent to my web app? Or could it be
> that when communicating to a webservice layer it is posting / receiving a
> large packet?
>
> Background, this error is appearing in the frontend application servers,
> the webapplication utalises a set of axis2 webservices.
>
> Any info or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Response.java, line 297:

        // Reset the stream
        if (commited) {
            //String msg = sm.getString("servletOutputStreamImpl.reset.ise");
            throw new IllegalStateException();
        }

The "committed" state means that you have already sent some data to
the client and cannot "take it back" from the wire.

In your case (judging by the message "Exception Processing ErrorPage")
I would guess that an error occurred too late in processing, when some
data has already been sent. Thus the ErrorPage for that error cannot
be displayed properly.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko