Tomcat 6.0.35

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/valve.html#Access_Log_Valve

"Some requests may be handled by Tomcat before they are passed to a container.
These include redirects from /foo to /foo/ and the rejection of invalid
requests".

What is an invalid request?  If I have a deny set for a Remote Host Filter, is
that considered an invalid request attempt?

What I'm trying to do is deny a certain requestor from making a POST request to
a URL that is no longer published, yet retain the attempted request in the
access log.  If I'm denying the request, should I even care to log the fact
that there are still attempts at a non-existent webapp?

The requestor makes about 200 POST requests within a few seconds everyday
around the same time for the past 4 months.  They all result in HTTP 500.

Leo