On 3/23/2012 6:51 PM, Terence M. Bandoian wrote:
 On 1:59 PM, David kerber wrote:
On 3/23/2012 11:19 AM, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
From: David kerber [mailto:dcker...@verizon.net]
Subject: jdbc driver location in TC 7

Where is the recommended location for jdbc driver jars in TC7,
when I'm using separate CATALINA_HOME and CATALINA_BASE locations?

If you look in conf/catalina.properties, you'll see the order in which the common loader searches directories.

If it makes a difference, I am not using tomcat's connection
pooling; it's handled in my app.

That's a critical difference.

I generally would prefer to put it in my webapp's lib directory

That is the correct location, since Tomcat is not involved.

Great; thanks for confirming.

Hi, David-

I prefer the web app's lib directory as well but when I place the JDBC driver there, a memory leak detection error is logged when I stop Tomcat. Not a big deal but I'd prefer not to have to explain. When I move the JDBC driver to the Tomcat lib directory, the error is no longer logged. (Tomcat 6)

Even better would be to fix your probable connection leak. I had some too, when I went to a version that had the leak detection, but was able to fix them all.

-Terence Bandoian