2012/3/29 Farrukh Najmi <farr...@wellfleetsoftware.com>:
> On 03/28/2012 07:28 PM, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
>>
>> 2012/3/29 Farrukh Najmi<farr...@wellfleetsoftware.com>:
>>>
>>> Can someone please tell me how I can configure the location for the JVM
>>> log
>>> file for Tomcat 7. Thanks for your help.
>>>
>> 1. What is "JVM log file"
>

> I want to get a log file with a thread dump in the tomcat jvm. The reason is
> that I have a deadlock during startup of my jvm and I want to understand and
> resolve it.
> This happens when my webapp is deployed in Tomcat 7.0.26 but not when
> deployed in Glassfish 3.1.2.
>

> In Glassfish I can specify the following options to indicate where I want
> the JVM log file to be created which contains the thread dump on a SIGINT:
>
> -XX:+LogVMOutput -XX:LogFile=/tmp/jvm.log

Read RUNNING.txt and use either CATALINA_OPTS or JAVA_OPTS environment
variable. There is a comment describing them at the top of
bin/catalina.sh

The recommended way to set them is to create a bin/setenv.sh file.

-XX are command-line options of java executable. They are controlled
outside of Tomcat - in the scripts that launch it.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko