Hello,

Thank you for your answers.

Teppei Yamada wrote
> 1. What version of Tomcat7 did you test?
On a Windows XP machine: Tomcat 7.0.20
On a Debian Squeeze machine: Tomcat 7.0.22

Teppei Yamada wrote
> 2. Where do you place context.xml in Tomcat6?
> I don't know you are aware that context.xml placed in
> yourwebapp/META-INF/context.xml is automatically copied to
> TOMCAT_HOME/conf/Catalina/(hostname(usually localhost)/yourapp.xml.
> Once copied, Tomcat6 refers the one in TOMCAT_HOME/conf.
> Tomcat7.0.26 no longer copies context.xml.
I placed "context.xml" in "yourwebapp/META-INF/".
I am aware of what you mentionned above.
I remember reading that "Tomcat6" copies "context.xml" to
"TOMCAT_HOME/conf/Catalina/(hostname(usually localhost)/yourapp.xml" only
the first time the Webapp is deployed.

Konstantin Kolinko wrote
> aliases are a feature added to Tomcat 7. They are not available in
> earlier versions.
> The feature is too intrusive to ever consider its backporting.

I see.

Konstantin Kolinko wrote
> Install Tomcat 7. Read RUNNING.txt for a start.
I prefer not to. As I wrote, "Tomcat7" is not packaged yet in "Debian"
stable "Squeeze".
For security reasons, I want to use only stable, packaged and up-to-date OS
and software versions.
I there any other workaround... I mean... I guess even before "Tomcat7",
people needed to declare such "aliases".

Thank you for your help and best regards.