2012/4/3 Nick Williams <nicholas.willi...@puresafety.com>:

> The point of namespaces (in Ant specifically and XML in general) /is/ to
> avoid naming conflicts with like-named tasks.

Conflicts in XML file syntax. Is it more than that?  Does Ant use
different class loader instances for each of namespaces? (Can you
confirm?)

With JspC the issue is not the tasks having the same name, but the
classes implementing those tasks having the same name.

> I successfully use
> namespaces for accessing all of the other tasks for Tomcat 6 and 7 without
> one or the other "winning"; there's no reason I shouldn't be able to do
> the same with the JspC task.

Other tasks besides JspC are just HTTP clients to the Manager web
application, that send GET or PUT request to it.
I would say that it does not matter much whether you use Tomcat 6 or
Tomcat 7 implementation of those tasks.

For JspC task it is essential to use specific version of Tomcat,
Moreover, it is essential to use specific minor version x.y.z as you
have on your server, because there is no guaranteed compatibility with
version x.y.w.

> I see no issues with discussing it a little more before filing Bugzillas.
> However, I would point out that the Bugzilla enhancement request is
> /exactly/ where you want to work on the specifications for the
> enhancement, IMO. It provides a perfect repository for the discussion on
> the specification for a particular issue.

Bugizilla e-mails go to dev@ list.

1. There are more people on users@ than on dev@,
2. It is easier to discuss on a mailing list, IMHO.
3. You can always add a link to the mailing list thread archive  in
your Bugzilla issue.

Just my opinion. Do as you wish.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko