Thank you very  much for your help Konstantin!

-----Original Message-----
From: Konstantin Kolinko [mailto:knst.koli...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2012 10:20 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: http status 404 error

2012/5/11 Irene Amatulli <iamatu...@cleverdevices.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I got this error when trying to access my application's website.

Are you sure that it is your web site?
Configure an access log at the server and look for evidences.

>  The Tomcat service is running, so I don't know why I got this error.  The
> website appeared with no problems when I used it yesterday.  I'm not sure if
> some updates that were applied to the server may have caused this to happen.
> Thanks.
>
> Irene
>
> HTTP Status 404 -
> ________________________________
> type Status report
> message
> description The requested resource () is not available.
> Apache Tomcat/6.0.20

Tomcat itself is running. Your application is not.

Either your application did not start, or it is just is not there.

BTW, Tomcat 6.0.20 is 3 years old.
Here is a list of known security issues fixed in later releases:
http://tomcat.apache.org/security-6.html