From: Hassan Schroeder [mailto:hassan.schroe...@gmail.com]
Sent: 14 May 2012 15:30
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: How to start a continuous java application in tomcat

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 6:46 AM, Rishad Ali
<rishad....@turnkey-instruments.com> wrote:

> I have a java application which collects some data from sensors and
> stores in the database. This java application has to run continuously.
> On the other hand I have a web application which I am running on
> tomcat which collects the data from database and display it on the
web.

They sound like 2 independent applications then, which should *run*
independently.

The fact that they're using the same DB, or sharing some classes, is not
really a good enough reason to mash them together, IMO.

--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroe...@gmail.com
http://about.me/hassanschroeder