Hello all,

With the help of Tomcat6 we are running a webservice on a 24/7 basis.

My problem:
After a power failure the webservice does not come back online automatically.

This is what I typically need to do after a reboot:
-1- make sure tomcat6 service status = "stopped" (for this I push the "stop" button in the service manager)
-2- start some executables that need to be started prior to tomcat
-3- start tomcat (for this I push the "start" button in the service manager)

It would be great if this can be automated using a script.

I am using tomcat 6.0.35, and we use the Windows Service Installer. This means my Tomcat 6.0\bin\ directory contains Tomcat6.exe and Tomcat6w.exe and 2 jar files. I am running on XP64 and Win7 I have studied the page "http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/windows-service-howto.html"; and similar help pages. From this I would expect that my script should be similar to:

Tomcat6 //DS//Tomcat6.exe
<install exe files>
Tomcat6 //IS//Tomcat6.exe

However whatever combination of tomcat6.exe and tomcat6w.exe commands and options I try, I can't get it to work. There simply does not seem to be a command line equivalent of the service manager buttons "start" and "stop". I am sure I must be wrong about this and I hope someone can explain what commands to use.

Thanks in advance