Hi,

I am brand new to tomcat 7 and am hoping to get realms set-up for users to use
my CGI scripts using their windows password.  So far I have put a request into
the windows group to create a user for this verification.  I followed the
example in the tomcat manual as follows:

 *   Create a domain user that will be mapped to the service name used by the
Tomcat server. In this how-to, this user is called tc01 and has a password of
tc01pass.
 *   Map the service principal name (SPN) to the user account. SPNs take the
is HTTP/win-tc01.dev.local. To map the user to the SPN, run the following:

setspn -A HTTP/win-tc01.dev.local tc01

 *   Generate the keytab file that the Tomcat server will use to authenticate
itself to the domain controller. This file contains the Tomcat private key for
the service provider account and should be protected accordingly. To generate
the file, run the following command (all on a single line):

ktpass /out c:\tomcat.keytab /mapuser tc01@DEV.LOCAL
          /princ HTTP/win-tc01.dev.local@DEV.LOCAL
          /pass tc01pass /kvno 0

 *   Create a domain user to be used on the client. In this how-to the domain
user is test with a password of testpass.
I then went into the next section and started to do some configuration on the
tomcat server, which right now is a prototype and is an AIX box running
5300-12-04-1119.

My question is: does the box need to be configured for Kerberos?  If so how
does the Kerberos authentication work with tomcat?  The above code sent to the
windows group creates a tomcat user, should there also be a Kerberos user?  How
would they work together?  Or do they need to?  Should they be the same user?
The documentation does not address this situation in any way at all except to
specify that Kerberos is required on the unix box, it doesn't address AIX
specifically ever.

I work at a place where the admin team is half way around the world.  So each
and every request and test is painstakingly long and obscure for the most part.
 So any and all information I come armed with is the only way to fly.  Has
anyone succeeded with this on unix or better yet AIX?  Any and all information
is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Jen in Oregon

Regards,