Dear all,

  Our developer has set a cronjob similar to this:

  wget -T 0 http://ourserver.com/email_sender

which calls a javabean to check pending emails to send in a database and actually send them.

I'm concerned about this, since I have realized that we have peaks of 500 http connections per minute exactly about the same time this cronjob runs. I'm just wondering if this cronjob is performing several retries (since it sets a 0 timeout) and count as http hits.

This increase of http hits (not related to people connecting since people connect in office hours and this happens early morning) is happening together with an increase of use of memory.

   Regards,

   Miguel