On 1:59 PM, Miguel González Castaños wrote:
On 19/06/2012 06:04, Terence M. Bandoian wrote:
 On 1:59 PM, Miguel González Castaños wrote:
I know, but how do I know how much ram to assign in a 64 bits jdk? We are planning to move to a bigger server (hopefully 16 or 32 gb).

Miguel

16 or 32 GB? Is this a medical image processing system? A control system for a space flight? Sorry for the sarcasm but that just seems like an enormous amount of memory.
It depends on how many concurrent users you have. If you have plans of having more than 1000 people accessing at the same time your server you have to be ready and I'm not talking about short sessions, but long sessions and intense database access.

Anyway, before we move to a bigger server, we need to get a stable webapp and check which load can handle the current server.

Miguel

Hi, Miguel-

Your comment about how mail is handled made the application suspect in my mind. Beyond making sure it's stable, I would check that the application is at least reasonably efficient.

-Terence Bandoian