Hi.  I am using Hikari Connection pool, creating a pool in a @postconstruct
method, and closing it in a @predestroy method.

I am getting an exception when I remove the web app instance:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/util/concurrent/ScheduledFuture
        at com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.PoolEntry.close(PoolEntry.java:173)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Illegal access: this web
application instance has been stopped already. Could not load
[java.util.concurrent.ScheduledFuture]. The following stack trace is thrown
for debugging purposes as well as to attempt to terminate the thread which
caused the illegal access.

Im not sure if this is an issue with HikariCP, or TomEE.  However, it seams
to me that the problem is that Hikari is attempting to load ScheduledFuture,
and TomEE is saying NO, the webapp has been shutdown.

Should TomEE be denying loading of classes in the @PreDestroy method, as the
webapp hasn't actually been shutdown (yet)?

Thanks.