The "out of tomee" code hasnt jms2 implemented since tomee impl jms 2 on
top of amq 5. Either run the client in tomee or use amq 5 client api.

Side note: importing openejb-core there is probably a way to do it using
openejb amq extensions but it is not documented/official. An easier
alternative is probably a small application composer openejb application
providing all tomee backbone in your main.