I copied the JPA stuff from the TomEE examples, so if it is not optimized,
using the wrong state, scope, etc. then perhaps the example should be
updated to reflect that. I will try what you recommend and post new times.
The data is exactly the same size, so are you saying because the strings
are not identical there may be a difference? Just trying to understand that
perspective. I'll just roll both tests into one to use the same data.