From: Mark Struberg [mailto:strub...@yahoo.de.INVALID]
Sent: dimanche 6 mai 2018 13:11
To: users@tomee.apache.org
Subject: Re: TomEE Stable and OpenJDK

I'm running it in production with OpenJDK.

Actually whenever you have some RHEL server then you will run on OpenJDK.
So those days everything which is in the Linux server area will almost
certainly run perfectly fine on OpenJDK.

LieGrue,
strub

> Am 06.05.2018 um 12:10 schrieb Fredrik Jonson <fred...@jonson.org>:
>
> Mark Struberg wrote:
>
>> I think what the download page fails to communicate is which EE level
>> it addresses.
>>
>> TomEE-1.7.x adresses the JavaEE 6 specifications, with minimum
>> requirement
>> Java7 (up to Java8)
>> TomEE-7.0.x adresses JavaEE 7, with minimum Java7, soon up to Java11
>> (7.0.5 in preparation right now)
>> TomEE-7.1.x (wip) will address JavaEE7 + MicroProfile 1.3 with
>> minimum Java8 TomEE-8.0.x (wip) will address JavaEE8 + MicroProfile
>> 1.0 with minimum Java8
>
> Thanks for that clarification. It may seem obvious to people in the
> know, but it is interesting to see a statement on the upper bound of
> supported JDK/JRE version, as well as the lower bound. In addition to
> the supported Java EE version range, for the major Tomee versions.
>
> Now, just to be explicit here: Apart from EE certification, does the
> Tomee community consider OpenJDK on equal footing to OracleJDK when it
> comes to Tomee deployment? Is there any important reason not to
> recommend OpenJDK over, or at least on par with, OracleJDK?
>
> I'm asking because I still encounter a bit of hesitation towards
> migrating from OracleJDK to OpenJDK. It would be helpful if open
> source projects such as Tomee made a clear stance on OpenJDK.
>
> BTW, I also run Tomee 7.x on OpenJDK 8, and have not found any issues
> compared to OracleJDK. So, now we know there are more than one
> application deployed on Tomee and OpenJDK. :)
>
> --
> Fredrik Jonson

 This message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressees and
may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized use or disclosure,
either whole or partial, is prohibited.
E-mails are susceptible to alteration. Our company shall not be liable for the
message if altered, changed or falsified. If you are not the intended recipient
of this message, please delete it and notify the sender.
Although all reasonable efforts have been made to keep this transmission free
from viruses, the sender will not be liable for damages caused by a transmitted
virus.