From: Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2018 2:08 PM
To: users@tomee.apache.org
Subject: *EXT* [Newsletter] Re: [Newsletter] Re: TomEE Performance

Hi Fabian,

a few pointers and directions to check:

1. Ensure to test with securerandom.source=/dev/./urandom since you use a lot
of crypto 2. You use hsqldb which is known to not scale very well with the
concurrency, maybe switch to another database with a correctly configured
connection pool 3. You use DataBaseRealm which does a lookup of the connection
for each authentication which is synchronized and has no cache on the password
hashes so it can be slow at runtime

Personally i would start by using a fast realm (even if it always says
"ok") to validate this hypothesis before investigating other cases.

Romain Manni-Bucau