Grafana is great. I've used it in the past and liked it. If you have multiple
timeseries databases, it's ability to combine them is very handy.

Chronograf offers a similar feature set, but adds a some pre-built
dashboards for quite a few things... But the biggest selling point is the
Kapacitor integration. Kapacitor is an monitoring/alerting daemon. You write
TickScripts that watch the InfluxDB stream for certain conditions and can
take actions like alerting or even rectifying the issue. The TickScript
language is lambda/builder based so it's not incredibly hard to learn and
offers an immense amount of flexibility.

Attached: one of our generalized Chronograf TomEE dashboards:

<http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/file/t374660/Screen_Shot_2018-10-09_at_3.png>

I'm likely going to submit a patch Telegraf for Tomcat. TomEE needs to put a
"type" on some it's metrics (like am I monitoring a jms connection factory
or a datasource) to make an automatic dashboard, I'll probably get around
two writing a patch for that later.

It's also worth noting that [I believe, correct me if I'm wrong] Tomitribe
offers an enhanced version of TomEE with metrics, and they've been super
busy working on getting MicroProfile health checks into TomEE 7.1.x/8.0.x.
It might be worth reaching out to them!