The messagebody reader/writer are trivial to impl if you have the context
so yes, just dont try to reuse cxf but just jaxrs here. Cxf logic is mainly
grabbing the jaxbcontext so if you have it no nees of that cxf logic.

You register you provider(s) and cxf should let it be taken cause user
providers are higher priority for the same media type.