> On Jun 15, 2020, at 5:42 AM, COURTAULT Francois
> <francois.courta...@thalesgroup.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Jonathan,
>
> Congrats for these new versions :-)
>
> BTW, I have seen that some potential bugs I have submitted are not fixed.
> When do you think these potential fixes will be released ? in the next
> version 8.0.3 ? 8.1.x ?
>
> And what about following more recent MP specs ?

The short answer is "sooner if you are able to help" :)

We've got 550 issues in the backlog and our rate of being able to address them
is about half of the rate at which they're being filed (64 filed in 2020, 35
resolved).

The ratio of people who need help and the people who help is not in our favor,
which is why we're beyond on basic maintenance, MP and Jakarta EE 8 compliance.

It's ok if you are unable to help, but if that's the case can I ask you
politely to not post to the dev list?  When someone posts a problem to the dev
list it's implied they're looking help with it in some way and will (ideally)
get an answer that enables them to be helpful.

We don't, however, want to make people feel uncomfortable, so if you aren't
looking for ways to help it's best to use the users@ list instead.

We haven't been asking this of people, but we should probably start as
"enabling helpers" is going to be the primary factor on helping us catch up.

Hope you find this useful and with the best of intentions.

-David