Hi.

Might be related to the patch plugin while building the distribution archives.

Adding the commons lib to the skip list in
https://github.com/apache/tomee/blob/320f9a20c51a5a058e21d1f20205110d02bf6a94/tomee/apache-tomee/pom.xml#L566
  might resolve it (didn't test, just a blind guess).

It might also be a thing for the patch plugin itself, ie. don't tamper with the
jars, if they aren't patched. As usual: PRs welcome.

Gruß
Richard