Hi,

I have a problem - from time to time my ATS 7.2.1 has problems with serving
static files from origin, client transactions last over 10s and I see the
following diagnostic (I have enabled logging "slow requests")

 cache_open_read_begin: 0.000 cache_open_read_end: 10.640

Any requests to the same URL are blocked for over 10s. Restarting ATS
solves the problem.

What does it mean? Does it have to do with open_read feature?  but the
timeouts don't add...

Any suggestions appreciated!

Here's my records.config with configs related to avoiding thundering herd...

CONFIG proxy.config.cache.enable_read_while_writer INT 1
CONFIG proxy.config.http.background_fill_active_timeout INT 0
CONFIG proxy.config.http.background_fill_completed_threshold FLOAT 0.000000
CONFIG proxy.config.cache.read_while_writer.max_retries INT 5
CONFIG proxy.config.cache.read_while_writer_retry.delay INT 200
CONFIG proxy.config.http.cache.max_open_read_retries INT 5
CONFIG proxy.config.http.cache.open_read_retry_time INT 200

CONFIG proxy.config.http.cache.open_write_fail_action INT 2