me too....

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Muller [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 2:59 PM
To: users@vegadns.org
Subject: Re: [users] axfr issues

Bob Ababurko wrote:
> Jason S wrote:
>
>> On 11/8/05, *Bob Ababurko* <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
>>
>>     Is there any reason that the axfr would not work for me?  I have the
>>     axfr running on the same IP as I do tinydns.  I can do a dnsq of the
>>     domain that I want to transfer using 'soa domain tinydns/axfr_IP'
>>     and it
>>     works fine showing that the domain is set up ok.  I have the tcp file
>>     set up with: :allow,AXFR="ricochetmarketing.com
>>     <http://ricochetmarketing.com>"
>>
>>     When i go to import the domain via the gui, I get:
>>
>>     Error: could not do axfr-get for ricochetmarketing.com
>>     <http://ricochetmarketing.com>
>>
>>     I do not know what else I can do.  I actually do not see anything
>>     in the
>>     logs of the axfrdns server.  I am thinking that something may not be
>>     working right with the vegadns host.  When I try to run '
>>     tcpclient -v
>>     -H -R 24.75.44.210 <http://24.75.44.210> 53 axfr-get
>>     ricochetmarketing.com <http://ricochetmarketing.com> zone
>> zone.tmp', I
>>     get the zone downloaded without a problem.
>>
>>     Anyone have any suggestions?
>>
>>     -Bob
>>

>> I think Vegadns is running this command when you try to do axfr from
>> the gui (line 565 in src/domains.php).
>>
>> wget -q -O -

'$vegadns_url/axfr_get.php?domain=$domain&hostname=".$_REQUEST['hostname']."
'

>> Try running that from the command line (substituting actual values)
>> and see if it gives you any more clues as to what could be happening.
>>

>> --
>>
>> Jason
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>

> Is there any way I can run this from the command line and have it
> populate the db and/or get some type of error message that I can
> figure out rather than "Error: could not do axfr-get for
ricochetmarketing.com:"

> I need to upload entries to around 400 hosts with 2 A records each so
> about 800 or so entries for the zone.
>
> -Bob

One of the problems I had on FreeBSD was that I had to specify the full path
to the wget command.

--

Scott Muller                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Communications Consultant         Mobile : +61 (0)4388 300 82