I actually have a rough version of yui menu done in
wicket-contrib-yui. It needs to be polished up quite a bit, which I
have been intending on doing for about 5 months now. It works with yui
2.2.2 with the exception that you must strip wicket tags or else the
yui menu parser barfs.

Any help moving it forward would be greatly appreciated. In 2.3.0, yui
added added a feature where by you can retrieve menuitems by domId.
This will make the code significantly simpler. I also think the code
would benefit greatly from the addition of a menuevent/listener
pattern a la swing. Have at it and I will help anyway I can.

best,
jim