I believe this syntax should be forgiving to the user.
A framework should ease life where possible.
What is the benefit of encoding URLs
   /param1/value1/param2/value2
over
   ?param1=value1&param2=value2
?
The way it is shown to the users. Not for developers. And not only for
search engine spiders.
I want to use it in cases where the user may be given feeling that he is
browsing some structure.
If we say 'a' and hide the implementation details from users - then why to
prohibit saying 'b'?

The only thing that should be checked (possibly already works) is to check
if shorter path does not make incorrect assumptions on the nesting level
when referring resources like CSS or IMG files.
It matters if it generates
  '../../../style.css'
or
  '../../style.css'