I am trying to upgrade to wicket 1.3. I was running 1.2.6 with no
problems.

When trying to resolve the class for this markup:
bundleresource://88/com/company/package/MyClass$WelcomeLabel.html

in MarkupResourceStream, the method:

  public Class getMarkupClass()
  {
      return Classes.resolveClass(markupClassName);
  }

is returning null. In other words, for some reason, it's not finding the
class.

The class isn't changed, so I'm suspecting it may be related to some new
way paths are being handled, or something. I'm not sure.

Any ideas how I can solve this?

The problem is happening here (I unchained the huge lines in an attempt
to debug):

In org.apache.wicket.markup.loader.InheritedMarkupMarkupLoader:

        private Markup checkForMarkupInheritance(final MarkupContainer
container, final Markup markup,
                        final boolean enforceReload)
        {
                // Check if markup contains <wicket:extend> which tells us that
                // we need to read the inherited markup as well.
                int extendIndex = requiresBaseMarkup(markup);
                if (extendIndex == -1)
                {
                        // return a MarkupStream for the markup
                        return markup;
                }

                // get the base markup
                final IMarkupSettings markupSettings =
Application.get().getMarkupSettings();
                final IMarkupCache markupCache =
markupSettings.getMarkupCache();

                final MarkupResourceData markupResourceData =
markup.getMarkupResourceData();
                final MarkupResourceStream resource =
markupResourceData.getResource();

*********** here *************
                final Class markupClass = resource.getMarkupClass();
*********** here *************
                final Markup baseMarkup = markupCache.getMarkup(container,
markupClass.getSuperclass(),
                                enforceReload);

                if (baseMarkup == Markup.NO_MARKUP)
                {
                        throw new MarkupNotFoundException(
                                        "Base markup of inherited markup not
found. Component class: " +

markup.getMarkupResourceData().getResource().getContainerInfo()

.getContainerClass().getName() +
                                                        " Enable debug messages
for
org.apache.wicket.util.resource.Resource to get a list of all filenames
tried.");
                }

                // Merge base and derived markup
                return new MergedMarkup(markup, baseMarkup, extendIndex);