On 8/24/07, Alex Shneyderman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I wonder if there is any documentation as to how the rendering process
> works
>
> How do I go from Component graph -> html associated with the page?

the basic answer is that wicket traverses the component graph and calls
various render methods on the components, which then output the markup.

> And
> what is the model's role there.

i assume you are referring to component.get/setmodel(). this is a default
model slot that all components have. its use varies per component. for
example label uses the default model slot to get the string it will replace
its body with. listview uses it to retrieve a list of items it will use to
populate itself. link doesnt use it at all - allowing the user to put their
own model into it which is then easy to retrieve inside the onclick event.

as your questions get more specific so will the answers :)

I have been reading and re-reading the
> getting started manual, unfortunately it is an extremely incomplete
> document, so it is of a very limited use, although I appreciate the
> intention.

we depend on our users to make it better.

Thanks in advance for any pointers and explanations.

-igor