On 8/28/07, Korbinian Bachl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> i checked out of svn today and changed yui to 2.3.0 - at first, all
> seemed ok, but when looking closer its a bit irritating.

No doubt. Exactly why I have procrastinated on this for the past month.

> In 2.2 you seem to have to attach much JS files to the header, while in
> 2.3.0 1 (the loader) is enough (as far as I understood it).
>
> This means, the big YuiHeaderContributor could shrink to some few lines.
> In a short dirty test where i just replaced the
> static final String DEFAULT_YUI_BUILD = "2.3.0";
> all seemed quite ok - but the real big work would be to add the new
> yui-content to the contrib.

Yes, my understanding is that 2.3.0 will return most of
YuiHeaderContributor back to the compost pile. Do you think you will
be able to do this? Let me know if you have questions.

> BTW: i find the naming very confusing - is there a reason not all
> classes have a "Yui" in front of them? (so you can see them faster as
> calling it e.g.: SortBox or Slider)

Not sure. A few people have worked on the project and no naming
convention was ever established. It is a good idea to enforce one,
though. You should enter an issue in wicketstuff.org so it won't be
forgotten.

> the include of "YuiHeaderContributor.forModule("menu", null, false,
> "2.3.0")" at page level however doesnt work as the components call it by
> themselfes, meaning if you add it to page, it will load 2.3 and 2.2.

Right, you either need to change the default version in the
HeaderContributor, or change the components you want to use to call
the above method.

best,
jim