we went with the cheapest variant possible as default. a callback method
doesnt have the memory overhead of holding onto a list, besides since
buttons/links 99% of the time only have a single listener anyways it makes
sense.

if you have a lot of cases where you need more then one listener you can
create a subclass that delegates the call.

-igor