To: <users@wicket.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, September 03, 2007 11:33 PM
Subject: Re: Trying to make a singleton out of session

On 9/3/07, Cristi Manole <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to make WebSession as a singleton available to all wicket applications in order to provide single sign on.

That won't work just like that. If you want a wicket session object
that is shared amongst all Wicket applications, you'll have to do some
extra work, since *we* did the extra work to actually separate it :)

The easiest way to go about this is probably to override
getSessionAttributePrefix in your application (and you'll need that
latest source for that, since I just now removed final from that
method) and let all your applications return the same key. And of
course, you need all your applications return the same kind of
session, which you do by overriding newSession(Request request,
Response response). I.e. just create a base application class that
overrides these two methods, and let your other applications extend
that.

Can you let me know whether this works for you? I would have to have
opened up a method without a good reason.

Cheers,

Eelco