What is the best way to go about refreshing a DataView after an ajax request.

Here is my situation, I have a page with a table on it backed by a DataView,
the header of the page has a link that opens a modal window to add a new
item to the underlying list.  When the modal window closes the list should
refresh with the new row.

I have an reference to the DataView object and I can add it to the
AjaxRequestTarget but that doesn't trigger a refresh.  I could simply call
setItemsPerPage with the original value but is there a better way.  If I
were to extend the DataView it would be nice to provide some sort of refresh
method.

-Craig