Actually i just realized it has something to do with a stateless form. Maybe
you can tell me if this is a bug or not.  I am pasting the code below, but
let me first explain.  I basically have a LoginPanel that is included on all
non-bookmarkable and bookmarkable pages.   My LoginPanel is using a
StatelessForm.  I want this stateless form because generating a Session for
every request for simple login form is a crazy idea to me (especially in a
clustered session environment).

The problem is that it seems you cannot set objects in the session from
within the Stateless form. Although i implemented a work around by getting
the Page from within the stateless form and setting the User object on the
session from the Page itself.   When I do so this User object is not in the
session on the non-bookmarkable pages I click on.

Here are the snippets of code (LoginPanel.java and WebPageTemplate.java)

public LoginPanel(String id)
{
    Form f = new StatelessForm("lFrm")
   {
      @Override
      protected void onSubmit()
     {
        try
        {
           User u = AuthenticationService.login(getUserName(), getPassword());
           if (u == null)
           {
             feedback.error("Invalid login");
             return;
           }
           feedback.info("You are now logged in.  Welcome.");
          ((WebPageTemplate) getPage()).setUserInSession(u);
          setResponsePage(getPage().getClass());
        }
        catch (AuthenticationException ae)
        {
           error("There was a problem logging in.  Please try again later");
           se.printStackTrace();

   };

WebPageTemplate.java snippet:

      public void setUserInSession(User u)
      {
                MediumSession session = (MediumSession) getSession();
                session.setUser(u);
       }