The issue is present in both IE and Firefox (flash visible at all times), the
difference is that on IE the flash object is clickable the whole time
whereas in Firefox becomes clickable only when I move the popup away from
the flash content.
I'll try the invisibility solution if nothing else is available...

Thanks,
florin