Where is this mounting done?  What about parameter values?

What I've got is really quite simple.  I have a static HTML page on an old
web site that needs to link to a wicket page.  The wicket page pulls up a
list of products based on the category provided in the querystring parameter
in the URL.

?catid=1
?catid=2
etc....

It seems like a simple problem but I can't find a good example...