> behavior if the event is onblur. Can you submit RFE?

Done. I filed it as minor improvement
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-957.

> Because currently there is no way during ajax processing to determine
> that the event was a focus related one. I think that it's good to

Maybe setting focusComponent to null by default for any
AjaxEventBehavior whose event happens to be onblur or onchange will be
enough. Even if done at the AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior imo this
will be a great relief for people who are implementing their first
wicket ajax-validated forms and haven't a clue about the cause of such
a strange focus behavior that suddenly possesses their browsers.

Regards,
Carlos